Engineering - Machinist (Manual or CNC)
To provide operational support to management and colleagues in the day to day running of a busy sub contract engineering business. Ensuring that individual performance targets are met and the service is delivered in line with customer requirements. The ideal candidate will be educated in a relevant engineering discipline and have an all-round engineering background in machining,
- Carry out tasks in accordance with customer requirements,
- Able to read & interpret engineering drawings,
- Ensure that the most efficient methods of manufacture are applied,
- Quality Control - Self inspect machined parts in accordance with company QMS requirements,
- Quality Control - Carry out final inspection of manufactured components as defined by the Production Manager,
- Health & Safety/Environment - Ensure Company Health & Safety requirements are followed during all operations, including housekeeping, PPE requirements, machinery operations.
- Educated in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience within both workshops and site activities.
- Experience of mills and lathes is desirable.
- Experience in CNC programming, setting & operating using fanuc controls is desirable
- Takes responsibility for achieving results
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for QMS in the workplace
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for H&S in the workplace
- Ensures objectives are completed
- Positive approach to problem solving and ability to 'think on your feet'
- Has the needs of the customer uppermost in mind at all times
- Support company values at all times
- Support company policies
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Seeks personal feedback and learns from mistakes
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Supports management, team and colleagues
- Able to perform in a team environment
- Assertive communicator
- Able to manage time effectively
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to work well under pressure