Engineering - Fabrication & Welding Shop Supervisor
Job Title: Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Responsible To: Head of Engineering
Kellwood Engineering is a small to middle-sized mixed fabrication and machine shop. Our unique selling point is that we carry out both of those engineering disciplines to a high standard. Founded in 1985 we are well established with a broad and varied customer base. Having continuously invested in up-to-date machinery, we are well equipped. As sub-contract engineers who aspire to ever more technical work, our constant challenge is to meet the expectation of our customers; that we can do things which are new to us without missing a beat. The fabrication and welding shop supervisor is key to our next step on that road.
You will be supporting our Head of Engineering in all in-house aspects of our fabrication and welding activities so that he can be released to develop our engineering business. In a dynamic small / medium sized business, all jobs are inevitably shared between our senior engineering managers. But this role will be focussed on processing work of a fabrication and welding nature; from estimation, through routing, scheduling and production to delivery. There will also be an emphasis on developing the workforce under you.
- Handling, estimating and responding to customers’ enquiries of a fabrication & welding nature
- Allocating fabrication jobs and communicating requirements to engineers
- Monitoring progress of fabrication jobs through workshop
- Increasing fabrication standards and quality by a process of continuous improvement
- Increasing fabricator standards & efficiency by a process of workforce development
- Protecting the health & safety of the fabrication workforce by ensuring adherence to our H&S system
- Identifying and communicating matters of significance in both directions between senior management and operators
- Widely experienced in fabrication and welding activities
- Can demonstrate success in lower levels of management
- Capable communicator at all levels
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- A team player, willing to devote time to ensuring those around you have the skills to do what is required of them
- A positive attitude to change for improvement
- Steady under pressure in a constantly moving environment, with good time management
- Support our Company values; Our Customers, Our Workforce, Fairness, Honesty and the Sustainability of our Business as a ‘Good’ Employer
This is a permanent full-time position
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!