Engineering - Fabricator / Welder
Job Title: Fabricator/Welder/Fitter
Responsible To: Workshop Manager
You will be carrying out fabrication and welding procedures to manufacture a wide variety of components to specification so as to meet customer requirements. In doing so, you will comply with our commercial, quality and safety procedures.
As fabricator/welder you will be responsible for:
- The manufacture of components in accordance with customer requirements,
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings,
- Reading and interpreting works instructions,
- Ensuring the most efficient methods of manufacture are applied,
- Quality Control - Self inspection of own work in accordance with the company QMS,
- Quality Control - Final inspection of manufactured components as stipulated by the Production Manager,
- Health & Safety/Environment - Ensuring Company Health & Safety requirements are followed at all times, including housekeeping, PPE requirements, and machinery operations.
- Time-served trades-person or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience,
- A wide range of experience in fabrication, on which you can draw,
- Capable of assessing a job and appropriately applying your experience to it, even if the precise requirements of the job are new to you,
- Competent and confident in MIG welding; TIG welding experience would be beneficial,
- Capable of working to tight fabrication tolerances,
- Capable of problem solving and
- Capable of 'thinking on your feet'
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- Enthusiastic for doing a good job efficiently
- Positive towards change management
- Methodical in your approach to a task
- Supportive of company policies, including QM & H&S systems
- Be a team player
- Supportive of company values of integrity, fairness & honesty
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Able to work well under pressure
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!